Cereals are food grains eaten all over the world as food energy source. It contains good amount of carbohydrates which on catabolism in body gives sufficient amount of energy. Cereals are of different types. Wheat, rice and maize also come under foods coming under category of cereals.
Cereals have lot of health benefits. The health benefits of cereals are as follow-
1. Cereals contain good amount of carbohydrates which are needed by the body to suffice the energy need of body required for running various metabolic reactions of body.
2. Cereals also contain good amount of proteins therefore, also suffice protein requirement ofthe body needed to build various body tissues and musculoskeletal structure of body.
3. Cereals contain good amount of minerals like iron, copper, zinc and manganese. Cereals also contain good amount of antioxidants which help in strengthening our immune system and also help in fighting against damaging effects of free radicals.
4. Cereals also contain good
5. Cereals are also very good for digestive system. It contains no cholesterol therefore, is very good for diabetic, obese and hypertensive patients. It is good food to lose weight.
6. Cereals contain good amount of antioxidants therefore, helps a lot in preventing various diseases. It helps in fighting against cancers and also helps in scavenging tumors causing cells.
7. As it contains good amount of fiber, therefore, helps a lot in preventing indigestion, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
Do you know about- What are Health Benefits of Oats?
Reference taken from- Internet- Website- http://www.livestrong.com/article/352796-what-are-the-benefits-of-eating-cereal/