Here comes, a list of osteoporosis prevention steps; with help of whom, you can prevent osteoporosis-
- Regular exercise, appears to retard, the development of osteoporosis; by holding the calcium and protein in the bone.
- Yoga is, probably the most accessible form, of exercise; but regular walking or swimming for, up to half an hour; three times a week, will also be appropriate.
- Dietary therapy, is controversial because simply taking calcium supplements, does not work nor does drinking extra milk. Some nutritionist believe, it is the combination of calcium and magnesium; which is important.
- Avoiding excess phosphorus, is important and adding supplements of Vitamin C, folic acid and Vitamin B2 will help.
- Maintain a healthy diet, with a plenty of fresh fruits, green vegetables and occasional seeds and nuts; avoid acidic drinks and drink only herbal tea, instead of herbal drinks.
- Naturopath will recommend, a natural whole food diet; together with vitamin and minerals supplements. They will also encourage, a regular intake of leafy green vegetables; as well as nut oils.
Tests, to measure level of bone damage, done by osteoporosis-
Recently, special bone densitometry tests, have become available; to measure more precisely, the level of bone loss; associated with osteoporosis.
for women, has included hormone replacement therapy; other treatments include, a combination of calcium retaining hormone; these treatments, are largely unproven and may lead to, undesirable side effects.