Sciatica nerves happens to, be longest nerve in our body. It starts from our spinal cord, in lower back and passes down through hip. into the back area of lower leg.
Sciatica refers to-
pain in, this sciatic nerve. As, this nerve passes down through pelvis, hip and to back side of the lower leg; the sciatica pain, whenever it occurs, is felt in areas, through which it passes. This nerve controls, many muscles of lower leg and also controls, sensation of the thigh, leg and feet.
In sciatica, there is pain in-
one or both the buttocks. The pain usually, extend down legand may reach, up to feet. The pain occurs, due to compression of the sciatic nerve.
- The pain may affect a part of, sciatic nerve or the entire length of sciatic nerve. Sciatica is not a disease, in it self ;but a symptom of sciatic nerve, being irritated or compressed.
- Sciatic pain, may range from simple dull ache; to severe electric like shocks. The pain at times can be so severe that the patient may hardly be, able to move, out of bed.
- Usually, patients complain of pain, while walking or standing; but at times, when reverse of this happens; the pain is worse, while lying down in a normal sleeping or lying posture and the patient has, no other option; other than to stand or walk or lie in certain uncomfortable posture.
The pain may affect-
the entire length of,
- Usually, one side is affected; but pain may alternate, from side to side or both sides may, also be affected.
- Sometimes, the pain is associated with numbness and weakness of, the affected part.
- Pain is very severe and debilating. Along with, there is weakness of the leg or foot. It usually indicates that there is some more serious neurological problem.
- The character of the pain may be severe, mild burning, stitching, shooting, piercing, continues, intermittent and so on.
Do you know- How Swine Flu is, treated in Homoeopathy?
What Causes Learning Disabilities?
How to Prevent E.N.T. Diseases?