6 Main symptoms of Seasonal affective disorder-
Seasonal affective disorder, also known as winter depression or winter blues; is a mood disorder, in which people, who have normal mental health throughout, most of the year; experience depressive symtoms in winter, year after year.
- Difficulty waking up in the morning,
- tendency to oversleep or overeat and
- especially a craving for carbohydrates, which leads to weight gain.
- Other symptoms- include a lack of energy, difficulty concentrating on completing tasks; withdrawal from friends, family and social activities. All of these leads to depression, pessimism and lack of pleasure; which put a stamp that a person is, suffering from this disorder.
Seasonal affective disorder or winter depression, can be successfully treated with-
- Bright light therapy- This involves, sitting in front of full spectrum lights that mimic sunlight, on a regular basis;
- Cogintive behavioral therapy- could represent a more effective, practical and palatable approach to; long term seasonal affective disorder managment than light therapy.
Do you know- How sunlight's environmental benefits, boost your health?
Which Season is, Right Season to Consume, Tomato Soup and which not?