"Over scratching emotionally", what does it mean? Over-scratching emotionally means, try to solve a problem emotionally so hard; until you get exhaust emotionally. No doubt, you should try to solve a problem emotionally; but should take intermittent breaks, from emotional problem solving process. And, should not keep on solving a problem continuously, emotionally. Yes, this keep on solving continuously emotionally, is over scratching.
So, here comes reasons, why you should avoid over-scratching a problem emotionally-
1. Sometimes the problem is not so big-
The 1st reason for not over-scratching a problem is that sometimes, the problem is not so big and can besolved easily. But, we with our repeated over-scratching, it emotionally in mind; sometimes make a problem, so big; which was neither so big, in real nor emotionally.
2. Invites rumination-
Yes, over scratching a problem emotionally, invites rumination in mind; whose harms I have told in my previous article on rumination. And, also I had told in that article, what rumination is? Link to that article I have given below in bottom of this article.
3. Develops negative thinking and low confidence in mind-
Yes, this is another harm of over-scratching a problem emotionally. Sometimes, over-scratching a problem emotionally, no doubt leaves no room for mistakes; but sometimes, it also invites happening of so much mistakes, which instead of solving that problem; created much bigger problems.
- And, these bigger problems resulting out of those mistakes, which happen during, while figuring out a problem emotionally;
4. Make you, victim of anxiety and builds, emotional stress-
Yes, over-scratching a problem emotionally, can make you victim of depression and anxiety; if any bigger mistake happen during emotional over-scratching process. These mistakes, ultimately develops anxiety in mind; of coming of, those types of problems again.
- Anxiety, you all know, when continuously keeps, on cluttering in mind; then it ultimately, builds up emotional stress in mind.
- So, try to figure out a problem, try to solve a problem; but do not over try; that is, do not over scratch a problem emotionally.