1. Secale cor- Hemorrhage is mainly due to the atony of the uterus. Prolonged uterine hemorrhage. One menstrual period runs into another. Considerable flow on the first day which is fluid and blackish. This goes on for a couple of weeks and then becomes dark and watery which lasts until the next period.
Irregular menses with passive bleeding and distended abdomen with burning sensation like coals of fire with violent thirst. Aggravation from heat. Amelioration from cold application, rubbing, pressure on abdomen.
2. Pulsatilla- Fibroid of uterus, tendency to miscarriage. Prolapse of uterus with pressure in abdomen and small of back asfrom a stone. Suppressed menses is always followed by intermenstrual irregular uterine bleeding.
Dark, coagulated bleeding emitted in paroxysms with labour like pains. Changeability of the symptoms is marked. Intermenstrual bleeding is also followed by acrid, burning creamish leucorrhoea with chilliness. Mild, gentle, timid patient.
3. Ferrum metallicum- Irregular bleeding. Copious, watery flow with great weakness and prostration. Fainting spells from hemorrhage during and after the climacteric period. Face fiery red; later
Dysmenorrhoea with confused state of mind, irritability, mental excitement, anxiousness and restlessness. Aggravation from rest, at night. Amelioration from walking slowly, in summer.
4. Arsenicum Album- Metorrhagia, excessive hemorrhage. Bleeding is excessive and too soon. Offensive leucorrhoea before bleeding sets in. Excoriating leucorrhoea. Tumors of the ovaries. Great restlessness. Aggravation from motion, bending, 1 to 2 a.m. or p.m. Amelioration from hot application.
5. Sulphur- Irregular menses with prolonged intermenstraul flow every time. At climacteric age female may be suffering from prolapse of uterus which gives intermenstrual bleeding. Intermenstraul bleeding is always associated with chronic leucorrhoea and insomnia. Standing is the worst position for the female. Aggravation from rest, standing, warmth, washing, bathing. Amelioration from dry, lying on right side.