Swine flu is a respiratory disease, caused by-
a strain of the influenza virus, known as H1N1. H1N1 is the same strain that causes seasonal outbreaks of flu, in humans. The latest type is different, as it is a mutated version; containing genetic material that it is generally found in, strains of the virus that affect humans, birds and swine.
Swine flu symptoms-
develop 3 to 5 days, after getting exposed to, the virus and continue for about 8 days.
- The exact swine flu incubation period is still disputed.
- The infection period is starting 1 day before, getting sick and continuing, until recovered.
- Diabetics, asthmatics, obese, heart disease patients, children with neuro-development conditions and pregnant women are labeled as high risk group.
Suspect case of swine flu is-
an individual, with an acute febrile respiratory illness; with onset of symptoms, with 7 days of travel to affected areas or within 7 days of close contact with a confirmed or probable case of influenza A (H1NI).
- Probable case of swine flu is- an individual, with acute febrile respiratory illness; with an influenza test that is positive for influenza A, but it is unsubtypeable by reagents; used to detect seasonal influenza virus infection or an individual with clinical compatible illness; who is considered to be epidemiologically linked to, a probable or confirmed case.
- Confirmed case is- an individual with, laboratory confirmed influenza A (H1NI) virus infection; by one or more of the following test viral culture, real time RT-PCA and four fold rise in influenza A (H1N1) virus specific neutralizing antibodies.
Do you know- 3 MOST Probable, CAUSES OF Learning Disabilities?
Why Obesity is becoming, RAPIDLY SPREADING DISEASE, these days?